- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the Personal Information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining teachers’ consent when we collect Personal Information from children, including how a teacher may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this platform.
Information We Collect from Children
As a result of the child’s use of the Software, we gain visibility into and collect a wide range of information about the child’s web page visits and web navigations.
Information We Collect Directly.
A child (with his or her teacher) must provide us with the following information to register: the child's first name and the teacher's email address. We may also require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information from the child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
We use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Software.
We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Platform and use certain of its features.
How We Use Your Student’s Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Software;
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Software that may be of interest; and
- identify areas where a student needs help in a reading assignment.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child's preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Software and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the Personal Information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights or property of Structal, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Platform; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
- Logging into your child's account and visiting his or her account profile page; or
- Sending us an email at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Automatic Information Collection and Tracking) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
We only use the Personal Information collected from students to personalize the reading supports they receive and to inform their teachers how best to support them.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s InformationWe will not ever share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s Personal Information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify an individual. In addition, we may disclose children’s Personal Information:
In addition, we may share Personal Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Application or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the student’s Personal Information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the student’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child's Personal Information by:
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children
No other operators may collect or maintain Personal Information from children through the Software.
Please direct any inquiries about any operator’s privacy practices and use of children’s information to us using the following contact information:
155 Seaport Blvd., Boston, MA 02210.